Hot water in your home is probably something you take for granted but would never want to live without. Your hot water heater is a critical piece of equipment in your home. While you may know what you are looking for in terms of a washing machine or refrigerator, the average consumer needs a little help when it comes to shopping for a new hot water heater.
Here’s five components to focus on to help you make the best water heater purchase for your home:
- First and foremost, you need to decide how large or small your water heater should be to fit the needs of your household. You can expect all different sizes of tanks, typically in 40 and 50 gallon varieties. The size of tank determines how much water is produced at a certain time.
- Energy Efficiency Rating
- If you are upgrading your water heater from an old model, you’ll definitely need invest in one that carries a high energy efficiency rating. Energy efficiency will help you save on the long-term cost of the unit.
- There are many types of warranties on water heaters, ranging from 1 to 5 years. It can be hard to decipher which type of warranty is best compared to the quality and ratings of the brand and model. A plumbing professional at Metro Septic can help you weigh the pros and cons of water heater warranties.
- The Brand
- Just like any other appliance, the brand you choose is important. There are cheaper, generic brands of water heaters but you may be taking a risk on the quality and longevity of the product.
- The Installer
- Last but not least, it is critical that you pay attention to who is installing your water heater. Your water heater installer must be knowledgeable about the specific model and able to address any unique plumbing concerns that may arise during the install.
At Metro Septic and Plumbing, we not only help you select the best water heater for your home but we also perform the installation and repairs. It is important that our customers understand on all of the options available so that they can make an informed decision about their plumbing investment.
Posted on behalf of
Phone: (404) 973-2471